Monday, May 9, 2011

Weddings, Relaxation and Life

This weekend has been a whirlwind of activity and family. My mother surprised me by coming out to the wedding and we have has some nice time together that we probably won't get when we got to my brothers, and our boys have had some wonderful time with just Nana. Also we got to spend Mother's day together which is always a treat seeing as I adore her as a mother. :)
It was fun to be part of my cousins wedding. Her and her sister were the closest thing to sisters I ever had growing up, and we had so much fun celebrating her! It all goes too fast, and the realization that it will be 5 years at the end of this month for us seemed to really hit. I loved our wedding day, everything about it, and the fact that we were some of the last ones to leave our own wedding is testimant to the fact that our families are just too much fun to be with. There was no rushing off, we relished the moments, and I am so glad we did.
It has been special to be here at this camp, especially since everyone has gone, it has been so low key. All our meals are taken care off which is fabulous, this is no ordinary camp food. :) We have had such a nice time being able to just be a famiy, to connect, spend lots of time outside, sleeping, visiting, and just resting. You don't realize how much you need times like this until you get them. We knew we needed this trip though and we thank the Lord over and over for making it possible for us to go. As Brian works through where he wants to go from here from a work stand point I feel that God is really ministering to my heart as a mother, and where I want to go from here. So much I could share, but I have been really touched and my heart has resonated so much with Ann over at aholyexperience, as I know many other mothers as well. I will try to share more at another time
Anyway, I need to go. I will post pictures as we go along. I am excited to hit the road tomorrow and go to our next spot. Ready for some time in city now.

No comments:

Post a Comment