Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Sea to shining Sea

Sorry for the last disjointed post, I was in a hurry. Found out yesterday that my grandpa passed away suddenly of a heart attack. He was older, so you know that the day is coming, but it still feels sudden, and sad. Also a good reminder that our days are in His hands. We just never know what tomorrow will bring. It is hard to know how to grieve. We have wonderful memories with Grandpa Lew, but we never spent loads of time together or lived in the same state. I think because I am not there the grieving will be more of a slow process. I feel worse for my dear mumsy and for Grandpa's wife and children and brothers and sisters, the people that are more affected on a day to day basis. I pray that God will be glorified through this as none of the rest of the family know him on a personal level. I think I grieve that the most, that I don't know if I will ever see him again.

Anyway, I hope it doesn't seem harsh to move on from that subject, but it's going to take time to process, and our trip continues on. We spend another fullish day in the car today and I must say that the boys do amazing. WAY beyond my expectations. We shall see when we have to spend two days at a time, but for now, they are doing great. This city we are in now is amazing and we are so excited to go explore tomorrow. We are staying right downtown, took us two hours to find a place to park because we have a top carrier on our van. Note to self, not a good idea for the city.

The drive today was SO beautiful and I can't even do it justice with words or pictures but I feel so in awe of God's creation. It never gets old. I have now been along much of the East coast and now along the West and it is just all so unique and wonderful. There is something about it all that just refreshes my spirit and I just want to spend all my time outdoors and in trees and mountians.
Ok, I will stop blabbing now and share some pictures from our trip so far.
Peek-a-Boo in the car :)



Worlds Largest Truck







1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry about your Grandpa and hope that you find time to grieve on your trip. It's strange to be at that age when older family members are passing away...

    Your trip looks like fun! Glad to hear the boys are being good for you - was that a pic from the wedding? Stay safe! Looking forward to hearing more about everything!

    ReplyDelete