Saturday, May 14, 2011

Random Bullets

- My Grandpa's funeral is today. I wish I was there to say goodbye, to have closure. He was such a dear kind man, and I will miss him.
- We hit a wall on this trip, meaning we felt so exhausted from all the traveling around in the last week or so that we went to bed at 8pm, all of us. And it was good. :)
- It rained on the one full day we were in Seattle and we walked in it a lot. It was kind of fun, we were glad we had the chariot for the boys as they were dry and warm.
- At Pike's Place Market there is a cheese shop where you can watch them make cheese in the morning (see point below) and lots of it is made with raw milk (still my beating heart) and we bought fresh cheese curds. It doesn't get much better then that.
- Having boys that awake between 6 and 7am gives you the advantage of seeing places before most people are out and about.
- I got to do some laundry today (at 7am) and I just love it. Have I mentioned that before? I LOVE doing laundry, I think it is a tie between that and vaccuming for my favorite household chores.
- Oregen is by far the most beautiful state I have ever been in, and therefore hands down my favorite state. It is just so green and I am seeing more beauty then my little heart can contain.
- Went to a book store today, it is a City of Books (part of it's title) and it has new and used, is several floors and it's safe to say I could spend hours on end in there and way too much money. I of course can't spend to my hearts content, but I was able to get the boys a few books I was looking for, mostly all used, for about 3-4 dollars and in great condition. Just writing about it makes me want to go back for more. :) I found Little Blue Truck and Little Blue Truck Leads the Way (a couple of T's favorites from the library), Jamberry, Click Clack Moo, Cows that Type (I think that book is SO funny, I bought it more for me, lol), Time of Wonder, and A Birthday for Bear.
- God has shown himself to us in amazing ways on this trip, I can't even tell you how blessed I feel. Little gifts of money here and there, places to stay, deals on hotel rooms, good gas milage (way better then we expected), gift cards for food and the list goes on. It is so thrilling to see him present on this trip.
- One small example is that at one place we stayed they gave us their best room, that walked out right to the beach, for the price of their cheapest room. Just cause. Now if that isn't a gift, I am not sure what is.
- A few more days on the road and we will be at my Brothers house. We can't wait to stay in one spot for a while, but are so thankful for this opportunity to see all these WONDERFUL places. Now for Brian to just figure out what he wants to do..... Keep pryaing. :)
P.S. Am having trouble getting pictures to here, but more to come soon, I promise. I have some good ones. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment