- I feel like reading through the Old Testament this year really made me aware of how blessed we are that He is our sacrificial lamb. That we don't have to bring our offerings to the priest, and that we have direct access to Him. What a blessing!!!
- We had pink eye in our house for a while, NOT fun. I think we are all over it, but the sore throats have been hanging around now.
- Soren got his first tooth this last week. He has not been himself and now has a rash/eczema all around his mouth. I think the other tooth won't be far behind.

- The sun has been shining a lot, the snow is melting, there are no pesky bugs yet, and the world is a better place. :) It's amazing how much a steady amount of sunshine and warmth can change your outlook on life.
- Trying to get ready for leaving for a month feels a little overwhelming, especially since most things can't be packed till a few days before so it is all swirling around in my head.
- We are really excited to hit the road and go see and do things we have always wanted too. We never thought we would get to see some of the places we are going and I have a feeling it will be hard to come back.
-Theo no longer calls me mom. Ever. This has been going on for a while, but I actually noticed today for the first time that I can't remember the last time he called me mommy. My new name..Hun. "What's that Hun?" "What's for supper hun?" "Can you read to me hun?" "Can we buy this hun?" It is really just SOOOO cute and it never gets old. I like my new name, and I think when we are in public people are pretty amused by it. :)
- After 6 months we finally cut T's hair again. I was loving the natural wave, and curl or it, but it was getting too shaggy. We had put it off because he hates having it cut, but it went really well this last time, so I think we will keep it more trim now, and short is nice for the summer.
Before

After...still to come. :)
- We are trying to encourage T's love of chores, so he helps me in the kitchen a lot, loading and unloading the dishwasher, washing dishes, setting the table. He really is a great help as long as I remind myself that it doesn't have to be done perfectly.

-When T was little and grew out of clothes I just threw them in tubs as he was done with them, no matter the size, but I was finding with S that I couldn't find sizes I needed for him so I had to empty out all the clothes on the living room floor and sort them all according to size.
Should have done it a long time ago but I am glad I am done. And this confirms to me that S is not in need of any clothes!
T on the other hand may need a few things, this is about all I have for him, and most of the shirts and pants are getting too small. I feel like he is growing fast right now....

-Lots of food posts going around these days, I am learning lots and have some thoughts of my own. I was just going to comment on someones blog about it, but it would have been too long, so I may do a blog post of my own about my thoughts on food/health/nutrition. I am so thankful for what I have been able to learn from others though.
-I think that is all for now, I need to go to bed, I am feeling very tired tonight. One last pic of little S. I love bath pictures...
No comments:
Post a Comment