I have been thinking a lot more this year about resolutions. Last year I only hoped to read through the Bible in a year again and learn how to really pray. I was too preggo sick to think of anything else. And neither of those things happened by the way. I hardly read my Bible (blush) and my pray life is just as much a disaster as it ever was. But my quote for this year is......
How you live your day is how you live your life!
One thing I am learning is that I can make all the resolutions I want to happen in the new year, but it comes down to all the little choices I make every hour every day. I realize that this is of course and logical thought, but how often do we live the things we know? I want to make today a great day. I want to make the right choice today to spend time with the Lord instead of getting on the computer, to write someone back right away instead of later (when it never happens for weeks) to just call and invite someone over for dinner instead of waiting for the perfect time or day, to deal with T's behaviour right away instead of waiting until it annoys me, to choose to eat the vegetable instead of the chip. :) So anyway, these are my resolution, but really my only real resolution is to make good choices each day, to walk in obedience to God and live a life that honour's Him.
The first being getting back on a Bible reading program. I did this last year (2009), and it was great, but this year(2010) has been not so great for making time for God. I find I do better under a structured reading schedule. I don’t plan on reading through in year, I find it is too much and I am so busy getting through the chapters I miss the point. So I will try and spend 2 years reading through.
Second I want to work on cooking more/better. I really struggle, like really struggle with cooking. It's not that I can't do it, cooking isn't hard when you put your mind to it, I just struggle with wanting to make the time for it. I LOVE good, healthy, well made food, I just don't want to be the one putting the time in to make it. Big weakness, want to take small steps this year, and work on that
On that same note I want to have more people over. This is an area that SUPER stresses me out, it is really hard for me to have people over, I stress about the meal like I don't stress about anything else. (see above) :) But I need to just do it, it will get easier I am sure.
And the last is to be a better friend. To call people back, the same day they call, and to write people back the same day they write.
There you have it. Sorry there aren't any pictures to make this a less boring post. :)
not boring, thanks for sharing your goals! I know that you can do it:)
ReplyDeleteSo you said about having people over and how it stresses you out...have you thought about starting with a meal other than supper? Like maybe a Saturday or Sunday afternoon coffee/tea or even brunch? I sometimes get stressed about having people over too (usually because I invite multiple families:) and I find anything other than supper easiest to prepare for.