Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Life these days..

I can't believe that Christmas is in like 4 days!! Crazy! We have been busy doing lots of this..
Making cookies to take to our little friends and older people that have been investing in T's life. He had so much fun delivering them.


Doing puzzles.. I am working on another one right now. I have a love hate relationship with puzzles. I love doing them but I wish I was faster at recognizing pieces. It is a great way to learn to pay attention to detail though.

I finished the Mitford series which is why I am doing puzzles for now. I am always sad to finish books I love, it is like saying goodbye to an old friend. I will have to read them again in a year or so. I was so sad when I finished the The Fisherman's Lady and The Marquis Secret. Loved those ones. I have yet to find another set of books I am into yet. Any suggestions?

Taking pictures of the boys. Love how in this picture T is laughing with such abandon. Kids Joy is so contagious and it's for real. They don't fake things.


Today I found T putting a hockey stick in Soren's hand, he just can't wait for him to grow up and play with him.

Loving reading this (http://www.passionatehomemaking.com) woman's blog. She is so balanced and her heart for God echo's my own. I find my self often reading the same books as she is, or looking at ones she has read and finding them right up my ally. Her approach to nutrition is amazing, and yet if you read about what she wrote on Nutrition and Priority, well, her heart is in the right place for sure!! Anyway, I am thankful for what I can learn from this blogging community.

And last of all, today is Elisabeth Elliot's Birthday. I know Jim Elliot's testimony has touched and impacted millions of people, but the woman who was left behind, Amazing!! Her books and hearing her speak have had a HUGE impact on my life. I appreciate her self-discipline and her obedience to God. She is by far my favourite author, and I am thankful for her life.

I will post again soon with my new years goals, still working on that. Until then Merry Christmas to all.

2 comments:

  1. I read the blog and loved her posts on nutrition and priority. It's such a battle to stay balanced. Caring about health and eating but not putting it above other more important things. Always such a battle.

    Your boys are adorable and I can't wait to hear your new years goals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how "intensely" Theo is rollng in that picture. What a big helper! And the pics of the boys are too cute. (I love that they are matching!)
    It has been so long since I've sat down to do a puzzle so good for you! :)

    ReplyDelete