Hubby and I are going to take on the one thousand gifts challenge. (If you haven't heard of it google it, or check it out on amazon.com, you can look inside and get an idea of what it is about) I have been thinking about it, and decided to see if he would do it with me. I don't mean that we are going to add to the same list, just that we are each going to do our own, and our goal is to each have one thousand by the end of 2011. I am so excited about this, and to do it with my husband.
I haven't read the book, although I would love to, I have only read the pages your are allowed to see when you 'look inside' on amazon.com. But I feel that it will be a wonderful exercise in recognizing the gifts and presence of God in our lives everyday, right here, right now.
I have also decided to make a missions statement for myself, inspired by Lindsey at PassionateHomemaking.com. I think this will give my days, years even, a sense of purpose, and really be like the whole 'new years resolution' but on a much more focused larger scale. I feel the need for myself to have focus and goals, otherwise my days slip away and important things are overlooked. God has been doing some real pruning in my life and I believe is doing something in the life of my husband and I feel that this is a critical time for us. There's some things that really need to change and as we are slowly moving forward into those changes I feel like we gain momentum and encouragement in the ways that God is calling us to be more like Him.
I am excited for this year and for the opportunity to be more like Christ. I am excited that He loves us where we are as He calls us to change at the same time.
Is that what Kim is doing? It looks like such a wonderful idea!
ReplyDeleteYes it is the same thing. I would love to actually get the book.
ReplyDelete