So today is Thanksgiving in the States and I am sad to be missing this holiday. Christmas is a great time to be with family, and I do miss not being with my side at Christmas time some years, but there is something about Thanksgiving that is harder. I think it is partly because where I am and where they are celebrate Thanksgiving at different times and so I always feel like I am missing out, and today, where I am, just goes on like every other day, so it is hard to get in the spirit here. That and my family is just oh so much fun to hang out with anytime, and when you add amazing food too that, well, it's just a big old party!
All that to say I do have many many things to be thankful for and I don't have the energy to write them out, maybe some other time, but I am most thankful for God's faithfulness this year. Somehow that has just stood out to me so much this year and I am amazed at really how faithfull he is to his people. I often get frusterated with the Isrealites, constantly turning from God to their own idols after all that God does and continues to do for them. Yet, if I look at my own life honestly, that is just me in my own ways. I have different idols, but they are stil idols, and they keep me from God all the same, and I often seem to prefer them to him, sadly. And yet he is faithful to me. I am thankful!
Well, that is all for now, Little T is napping and I think I will too. Happy Thanksgiving.
No comments:
Post a Comment