So we are moving for the 4th time in 3 1/2 years. One of those moves was from one floor of an apt. building to another, so not really a major one, but the rest of them...a lot of work. They say that 3 big moves = 1 house fire because you tend to get rid of so many things each time you move. It is true. I am finding that the more we move the less I want to keep hauling around. It is good. Oh, and I should mention that all this moving has been in the same town. sigh. The worst part is that I feel bad when we move because I feel like (esp. this time) we are dissapointing people. The land lords mostly, but still. I am too empathetic for my own good sometimes and I just feel bad when people are dissapointed. I know it is part of life and I wish sometimes I could just turn off the feelings, but it never works that way.
Part of the reason for this blog is also because my two dearest friends are not longer close by, and I miss having a person to process things with and share my heart. The phone just isn't the same. I find writing helps me 'get it all out' so to speak.
Anyway, all that to say that I am emotionally exhausted from caring what people think. Not in the sense that I won't do something cause people might not like it, more in the sense that I know it is making somebody else's life more difficult (i.e. the land lord's having to search for new/good tenants). I just feel bad about it all.
Well, that is all I have to say for tonight. Just processing all this, need to be more faithful about giving it to the Lord....
No comments:
Post a Comment