Monday, August 9, 2010

Lady in Waiting...

So I am still here, still pregnant. For the most part I am ok with that, but I have my moments where I am just done. It is so nice having my mumsy here, she has been cooking for me, and keeping me company, going for walks with me, rubbing my feet and I think my favorite thing, reading books to my little boy. My least favorite thing about the end of pregnancy is the hormone changes. I go from really happy to irritable, to mad, to wanting to cry about nothing or everything. I feel like I am keeping myself in check a lot to not take these emotions out on people all the time. Still can't wait for that 'newborn high' :) I will be induced (by breaking my water) on Friday if nothing happens this week, so it is nice to have an end in sight, and it is nice they are not just scheduling me for surgery.
So I have been feeling a little sad about the thought that things will change for Little T and I. Of course I am excited and want more children, but the firstborn really has it made and T has had 2 1/2 years of just me. And I sure have enjoyed almost every minute. :) (It would be a lie to say there haven't been rough days.) He is really just so delightful with all his little winsome ways. And man can this kid ever talk. I am not one that likes to brag about T's ability to communicate because I would never ever want another mother to think that I thought less of a child who didn't talk as much. It is not anything that I have done that has made T such a great communicator, it is the way that God made him, and I get the front row seat to watching him excel. And each child's mother gets the distinct privilege of watching and noticing and enhancing the gifts that God has given their children at any given time in their life, and if we don't cheer them on, who will. Anyway, all that to say that T speaks at the level of a 4 year old and he just amazes me with what he understands and responds too. It makes some things more challenging, but overall it is so fun to watch. I have been wanting to record some of his phrases for some time, and I will probably come back and add some as I remember, but here is what I can think of for now.

When he wants to get dressed he says "I get my dressed on." This is one of my favorites.
When Brian would leave for work he used to say all the time 'Go buy some money Papa'
His most common is 'I try some' having to do with food and 'Hold you mommmy' when he wants to be held.

I can't think of any more at the moment, but I will add as I remember. I should probably go get my day started though seeing as it is 10am. A good long walk is in order today too. Come on baby, we can't wait to meet you!!

3 comments:

  1. both my girls said "i hold you, mama" too and i could never correct them.

    love that stage:)

    praying for you in the next coming days!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aneliese always said "Can I hold you mama" too:) so cute...also, I heard a rumor that the little man has come out! Looking forward to hearing all about him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katherine....so nice to read some of your blog...i had forgotten that you had one....now i'm a follower :)

    ReplyDelete