We went for our ultrasound yesterday. Now, we have found out the gender with the last two and sometimes people have strong opinions about this. I don't think that it should be a big issue for discussion outside of you and your husband, there is no right or wrong answer I think, unless you are doing it to abort a certain gender, and well, I am not even going to get started on THAT issue. Anyway, for me, well, a surprise is a surprise no matter when you receive it and I would be happy to wait till baby is in my arms, but my husband LOVES to know at the ultrasound. And I mean like a little kid at Christmas LOVES it. :) I personally think it helps him feel way more connected to this little life, it just mentally makes is all more real and exciting for him.
SO we found out #3 and it is another BOY!!
I kept thinking of a line from a hymn that says "Whatever my God ordains is right". Of course I am human, and I am female and there was a small part of me that was hoping the lady would say girl, but when she said 'boy' I felt nothing but a surge of joy and thankfulness. I just have this overwhelming idea that God knows, like really knows what is best for OUR family, (and for each family in that case) and each child is picked just for us, for what God wants to do for us, and with us and through us and our children. And so far He has chosen boys! This makes me feel excited, and confident, that this is what God has ordained for us, and it is right. Sometimes it is hard for people who don't know God to understand why we wouldn't be disappointed by this news, or they ask if we will still 'try' for a girl. All I can say is that we don't 'try' for a gender, we love children, we think they are a gift, boy or girl, we are just happy to receive that gift from the Lord.
So there you have it, we will have a small quiver of boys and as we anticipate this newest one's arrival, we now have to agree on a name. Any suggestions are welcome, we used our two absolute favourites that we BOTH loved, and now we are totally stumped.
Hurray! I'm so excited for you! I honestly think that 3 boy will be awesome, and you're so right - each child is a gift regardless of gender!
ReplyDeleteAs for names - I can tell you that my favourite name site is nameberry.com. I love their lists - they're fun.
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeleteanother boy??? did i know this....i must have...but i just freaked out all over again! :) congrats! at least this keeps things sample as far as clothing and boy toys....no pink for you!! well...okay, so theo had one hot pink diaper....i guess that was your fill of girly things? i won't tell anyone you put that on him. :) love ya
ReplyDelete