I have to say that most of my blogs lack a 'theme' per say, so I guess could mostly be considered stream on consciousness blogs.
Daylight savings time came and so did a restless spirit. Each year I notice the lack of sunlight more and more, and this year was no different, although I think it hit faster. It is not that I struggle with depression, it is more that I just start to feel restless and agitated in the evening, or more like 4:30 when I realize that the sun is almost gone for the day. I'm not sure if Theo feels it too, or if it is just him sensing my restlessness but he has also been more challenging to deal with and more restless himself. I need to sit down and make a list of activities that I can pull out of my hat, that are new, and easy and will help keep him busy for a little while. I have a few ideas, but I need to have a back up plan for these evenings, cause they are not getting any better.
We put our Christmas tree up in an effort to add more light to our living room.
I know that may sound kind of funny but we only have VERY minimal lighting in this apartment, (small ceiling light in corner of the living room, and no overhead light in our bedroom) so we are dependant on lamps, which we don't have many of. And money is in short order right now, so we thought the tree, which is full of light, would be a good solution. Not to mention how cozy everything feels! In true American tradition I have always waited until after American Thanksgiving to put it up, so it feels a bit weird, but the light sure helps!
Speaking of American Thanksgiving, I am disappointed to not be there this year. This is always the hardest holiday to be away from my family for. One because it is a different day, actually a different month, here and so it is not like Christmas where I am doing the same thing, just in a different place, but I am busy and usually not as homesick. Second is because it is a big time family deal for my fam, if you can afford to be there, you are there. It is like a big reunion some years with all my aunts and uncles and cousins and grandparents, not to mention they all grey up in Italy and know how to cook amazing meals!!! Every year I have missed it there has been hard, it doesn't ever get easier, and in some ways I dread the day, because the homesickness can be overwhelming. Maybe next year though..
I could write a lot more, but when you try and cram at least two weeks of posts you have created in your head all into one, it becomes way too long. SO maybe someday I will blog more often. :) Happy November!
P.S. Love having two boys, I hope they are always good friends.
You're a great mom Katherine! Enjoy your tree and your time with your handsome boys.
ReplyDelete